I pretty much gave up eating at any of the chain or franchise places a few years ago. For me they just don't compare to the smaller privately owned places.
Printable View
I pretty much gave up eating at any of the chain or franchise places a few years ago. For me they just don't compare to the smaller privately owned places.
There is a little German gasthaus in Weber City, the food there is great. It is owned by a veteran and his german wife. The food is authentic and the servings are pretty darn big. This is the best german restaurant in the area. I take my wife there every Mother's Day and on other special occasions. They are not that expensive as their prices are very comparable to any chain restaurant you will find here.
Ate there this evening. It's very good. I love German food and make Sauerbraten at home sometimes. I got the Jaeger Schnitzel with Sauerkraut and Bratkartoffeln. The Schnitzel was very good and the kraut was the best I've ever had. It had little chunks of ham cooked in with it and and lots of mustard seed in it too (I'd never seen that in kraut). The Bratkartoffeln is potato chunks fried with pieces of bacon and green onions. It was good and worth eating but nothing amazing. They bring you bread before your food comes and by the time I'd eaten one small piece of bread they'd brought our food. It was super fast and the place was like 2/3 full. Next time I'm getting the Sauerbraten though.
Beast it is back around from Holston View Cemetary. Been around quite awhile, and I have never heard a bad word about it.
Gasthaus Edelweiss German Restaurant
I'd get the Sauerbraten. I've heard and read a lot of good things about it. If it's done right it's really good, if not, who knows. I've heard their's is spectacular.